Commitment to Privacy The Northwest Horse Source (NWHS) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected while you’re here at the NWHS website.
Data Collections and Use We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in forum threads, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, purchase an ad, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request user support or otherwise communicate with us.
In the course of business, NWHS may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Unique Identifiers, such as user name and password.
- Usage activity about how you interact with us, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information.
We also, as is true of most websites, automatically gather information about your computer, such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Send you a newsletter or other communications
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote NWHS and its services
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better customer service
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
NWHorseSource.com is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- Social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), let you share actions you take on sites with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas might be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog contact us at email@example.com.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of NWHorseSource.com or others
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company
- With your consent, or at your direction.
- You may choose to unsubscribe (opt-out, or stop receiving) our newsletter or emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you unsubscribe or opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications.
Tracking Technologies We, or a third party contracted by us, may use technologies such as cookies, Web beacons, or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact with our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access specific areas or features within our site and which links or ads they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used, improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. Please check your browser’s help section for instructions on how to do this. Note that if you do this, your login session will not be retained and you may have to re-log in each time you visit the site.
Email Addresses you provide your email address when you register on our website. That email address is used to confirm your registration, and to receive alerts regarding Personal Messages (PMs) sent to you through our PM system, and any thread updates that you choose to be notified with through the NOTIFY button at the top of each thread.
By default, your email address is hidden from all forum members except our moderators.
We have never sold or given away the email addresses of our members, and never will.
Log Files Like most standard websites, this website uses log files. These include: Internet Protocol addresses (IP addresses), browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, and date/time stamp. This information is not linked to personally identifiable information.
Any questions contact:
Karen Pickering, Publisher
The Northwest Horse Source LLC