2016 Rendezvous Update
by Teri Starke
Photos Courtesy of Jim Thode
(Bottom Left: Tony Karniss and Tom Faubion on the crosscut sawing contest/demonstration at the BCHW Rendezvous.)
Wow!! Hard to believe Rendezvous 2016 is right around the corner, March 18th-20th 2016.
Your Rendezvous committees have been working hard to bring this amazing event to KVEC!! The plan is coming together and details are starting to finalize!
- The used tack sale is growing! It will share the Manashtash Room with the BCHW Store. Don’t forget to bring all of your gently used items that you no longer use!! It is open to the public and will have even more goods for sale than in past years!
- Hands on Stock Packing Clinic will be hosted by the Lewis County Chapter –Learn and share your stock packing experience with others. A “metal mule” will be provided, along with various stock packing paraphernalia, for participant to learn and/or demonstrate stock packing. And if you have never packed then this is the class for you! Or do you want to discover new ways to pack different types of cargo or share how you do it? Then this class is for you too!!
- Mustangs will be at Rendezvous!! TIP – Trainer Inventive Program – trainers are bringing several BLM mustangs and will put on training demonstrations for spectators on Friday and Saturday. These horses will be available for adoption through a silent bid and approved adoption forms. These TIP trained mustangs are halter broke and sometimes much more training has been accomplished with these wonderful animals. Check out the BCHW.org website for more information about TIP trained mustangs, adoption forms and bio’s for each animal as the trainers make these available.
- The Montana Boys will be back! Andy Breland and Chuck Allen, stars of National Geographic’s “Dead End Express”, along with Andy’s son in law Jesse Paine, will have the Trailhead Supply booth at Rendezvous. They will once again be be giving talks on all things packing related: properly fitting your equipment;working with your pack string; balancing the loads you never thought you would be packing. And how to deal with the unknown problems that just seem to happen on the trail!
- 2016 Rendezvous shirts will be available by pre-order, the information and how to pre order is on the BCHW.org website.
- The Dutch oven competition will be Friday with the great fare dished out at the potluck that evening!
- There will be a forum for chapters to tell everyone about riding areas they ride in their areas. Chapter displays and the photo contest will be in the Armory in 2016. Chapters please bring a chapter display; we want to fill the Armory with them!! Get all of your pictures together for the picture contest!!
- Several demo’s and classes with be going all day Friday and Saturday. If you have something that would be beneficial for others, let me know and see if we can schedule a demo Friday or Saturday.
- Friday night will have an open bar and will be open mic night in the Teanaway Room after the pot luck.
- Saturday after the auction the movie, “Unbranded” will be shown in the Armory Room with popcorn. The movie and memorabilia with be in the auction. The winner takes the movie home after BCHW’s showing Saturday evening.
If you can lend a hand in any way to assist in making your 2016 Rendezvous a success, please consider volunteering, we need you! Email me at email@example.com.
Information and more along with reservation forms are on the BCHW.org Website. Check the website for updates and the schedule of events.
Back Country Horsemen of Washington (BCHW), is a 501 (c) (3) organization with 32 chapters across the state dedicated to: keeping trails open for all users; educating horse users in Leave-No-Trace practices; and providing volunteer service to resource agencies.